Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Rydia of the Mist from "Final Fantasy IV " (Nintendo DS version)

Cosplayer : Dessi-Desu
Character : Rydia of the Mist from "Final Fantasy IV " (Nintendo DS version)

Comments: This costume required quite a bit of dying, in order to achieve a green I was happy with. The sleeves, body suit, and skirt are all dyed. This costume also features some hand painted details. For the stars and the pattern on the main part of the costume, I created stencils and touched up areas as needed. For the pattern around the opening of the sleeves I simple free handed it. I also chose to enhance the pattern on the bodysuit and skirt with some beading. The wig is a heat resistant wig that I cut and layered myself, After it was cut, I used a flat iron on a low setting to achieve Rydia's flipped edgy hairstyle. As for the small headpiece, I sculpted it out of clay, which was then used to create a mold, so that I could cast it out of resin. Overall, I love this costume so much, despite it being high maintenance to wear, because I adore the character and her costume has such a whimsical look.

Location : Virginia USA
Photo Credit: The Big Tog

Click 'like' to vote for this cosplayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment